Sunday, October 18, 2009

Busy Week but still knitting

What a week. Between working, teaching, taking a class, and getting ready for a wedding. It has been hectic.

The wedding of my niece turned out great. We were concerned about the weather. It snowed at my house on Friday. They were calling for rain on Saturday, but it really only spritzed a little and the clouds did part for awhile and we saw blue skies. The ceremony went off without a hitch and the reception was great.

This week will be another busy week, but I am finding time to knit. I started another Artisan Acre Fiber Art Lambkin sock in the Turquoise Mine colorway. I am using size 2 needles. I really like the color. It has shades of browns and blues with a touch of turquoise.

Artisan Acre - Turquoise Mine - 1


I did work on my croc sock today and I am determined to finish the first sock this week.

More sock yarn found it's way into my stash. Some of it is from Sock clubs. From Intentions Yarn club, I got a skein of Simplicity in shades of brown. It's 100% superwash sock.

Intentions Yarn - Simplicity


From the Color Coop club, a skein of Miss Babs Seacell Handpainted superwash sock in Early Autumn came for this month's shipment.

Color Coop - Sept - Miss Babs - Sacell  Early Autumn


I also bought more Sundara Sock yarn. This was the October offering. I purchased two skeins, one in Graphite and one in Sour Apple.

Sundara Sock - October 09


I subscribed to Rowan Magazine again and they sent me 6 skeins of Rowan Pure 4 ply wool in spice with patterns to make a shawl.

Rowan 4 ply wool - Color 434


Off to knit more on my Artisan Acre sock. I am at the toe and would like to finish this one sock by tomorrow.

2 comments:

Alrischa said...

That graphite is pretty ;)

Byron, my 2-y-o, is sitting on my knee, and when he saw the last picture he said, "Oooo... that's orange!" hehe

freshisle said...

Snow! I don't even want to think about it.
Lovely yarns.