Sunday, May 17, 2009

Socks and Sock Club Yarn

Well, I really got my sock knitting mojo back. I finished another pair of socks. I am calling them Circus socks because they are so colorful. I used Meilenweit Multieffekt yarn in color 3123 with a size 2 needle and a basic sock pattern. I really like this sock yarn and I'm sad that they discontinued it; however, when I was sifting through my stash, I found more of it in the same colorway and another colorway that I used before. I'm so glad I bought extra.

I enjoyed knitting these socks with the Signature double pointed needles. I cannot say enough good things about these needles. I even bought more sizes. They are wonderful and make knitting fly!

Circus Socks

I am so back to sock knitting that I picked out several skeins of sock yarn from my stash that I wanted to knit up next. I haven't tried Sundara sock yarn yet, so I cast on for a pair of basic socks using size 2 needles in the prickly pear colorway. I like the color and the yarn is wonderful to work with. I am glad that I have more of Sundara's yarn.

Sundara Sock - Prickly Pear


I really need to finish my malabrigo socks, but they are on two circular needles. I am about ready to do the heel so I don't have much to finish after that.
It was like Christmas this week. I got two sock club shipments. The first was from the Loopy Ewe. It was a wonderful package. I got a tote bag, pen, Dye Dreams Luster Sox in the Shades of Emerald Colorway and a sock pattern.

Loopy Ewe Sock Club - May 09


I also got my May shipment from the Color Co-op Sock club by the Unique sheep. I recieved a skein of The Sanguine Gryphon Little Traveler sock yarn in the Goa colorway and a sock keeper. I love the Sanguine Gryphon's sock yarn.

Color Coop - May 09


It's been a lousy weekend. We had a lot of rain late yesterday and today is dreary and cool. I hope next weekend is better. But, I guess this weather makes it a good weekend to knit.

No comments: