Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Speed Knitter

Well, I have been knitting away at socks to practice for the Summer of Socks 2008. I finished one Flat Foot Sock. I think the striping came out quite well and I really like how it looks. I have cast on for the second sock and hope to complete it soon. At least I don't have second sock syndrome.

Flat Feet Sock 1
I really liked this yarn, so I had to buy another skein. This one is blue, green and purple.
Flat Feet Sock - Blue Green Purple
I also cast on for another pair of socks using Alpaca Yarn Company Paca Peds Heels and Toes. The color is Carribean Chocolate. I just love the color. You get enough yarn to either do socks with the striping or you have a small amount of solid color yarn to do the heel and toe. I went with the heel and toe in solid color and like how it turned out. The colors are really vibrant. One sock down, one to go.
Alpaca Paca Peds - Sock 1
I also did two comfortghan squares using Red Heart Supersaver in Light Fushsia. I used size 8 needles. The pattern is Matchstick Square by Karin Glenn-Miller. I have two more squares to do to make a dozen. Once I hit the dozen, I will send them on to the knitting sister that puts the comfortghan squares together. I hope to have these two completed by the end of the week.
Matchstick Square Comfortghan - 2
The weather has been really great the last few days. It's so nice to sit outside and knit. I have been so relaxed. I think the weather helps to make me a speed knitter? More and more I am loving staying at home and the bonus is that I am cleaning out drawers and closets. I think a yarn sale is in the works. Ah, ha, more money to buy yarn!

No comments: