Thursday, June 26, 2008

Second Sock Syndrome - Not Me!

Summer of Socks has begun and I'm off to a great start. I started two socks on June 21st and I finished one pair of each today. I'm really excited about these socks too because I just love the yarn!

The first sock is made from Bellamoden's Superwash merino in the color Black Beauty. It's a beautiful color (although I am partial to purple) and the yarn is really yummy. It has a sheen to it and it is so soft and I love how it striped. I am using my standard size 2 double pointed needles with a basic sock pattern. I can't wait until the Loopy Ewe gets more of this yarn in stock.

Bella Moden - Black Beauty Sock
I finally pulled out a skein of Lisa Souza's yarn that I ordered awhile ago. The yarn is a Superfine Merino Superwash called Sock. The color is called Little Devil and I just love how it striped. I used the no purl monkey pattern. This was really a nice pattern to use. I love the monkey sock, but the no purl monkey sock was even easier since I didn't need to purl. I am using the standard size 2 double pointed needles.
Lisa Souza - Little Devil Sock
I am working on the second dozen of comfortghan squares for my Dishcloth group and I finished another square earlier this month but didn't post a picture. The pattern is the Belt Welt Cloth by Deborah Mason. I used a size 7 needle with Red Heart TLC Essential Yarn in the Jungle colorway.
Comfortghan Sq - Belt Welt
Of course I had to buy more yarn. From the Loopy Ewe, I got Trekking Handart in Karicik and the Sanguine Gryphon 100% merino in Dragonfly.
Loopy Ewe - Trekking - Gryphon
From Enchanted Koll Farm I got a fingering sock weight yarn called Tiam Dalma. Can you tell I like the color purple?
Enchanted Knoll Farm - Tia Dalma
From Whitewillow, I got a machine washable sock yarn (it has 25% nylon in it) in the color Ruby Slipper. This yarn is really nice and I can't wait to knit up a sock with it. I did order another skein in a different color.
Whitewillow - Ruby Slipper
Last but not least, I just had to buy Lanas Puras Melosa yarn in the Desert Bloom color. I got it from One Planet Yarn and Fiber to make the Boing scarf from Knitspot.com. I got the kit which gives you the yarn and the pattern. They were great to deal with. I just have to find the time to cast on for the scarf.
Lanas Puras Melosa Yarn
Well, back to the socks tomorrow and hopefully I will finish the second pair of both by the end of next week. Second sock syndrome? Not me!

1 comment:

Jill L said...

Some beauties to add to you stash!