Sunday, August 19, 2007

Socks, Socks, Socks

I am finally knitting socks and I think I am starting to get the hang of it. I finished the Cascade Fixation ankle socks that I was working on. This really is the second pair of socks that I have knitted, but I really feel as if I did better on this pair.

So, I have started another pair of socks using Online Supersocke 100. Color 924 and using size 2 bamboo double points.
Online Socks
I had two other pair of socks on the needles that I hadn't finished and I decided that they were too complex, so I frogged them. I will use the yarn for other socks, but I need to stick to the basics before I get too fancy. Since I was frogging away, I also ripped out a doggie sweater that I had started for Sadie. I just didn't feel right using that sweater for Maggie and I really hadn't gotten that far. I now have all of my projects organized. I have thirteen projects in the works and I feel better about them all.
  1. Silky Tie Wrap - I may frog this and start all over.
  2. Sweater - front is done and I'm working on the back. The back is about half compete. I really need to start this again. This was the first knitted project that I started with back in June of 2004.
  3. Shrug - almost complete. I probably only have a couple of rows left and then I can start to sew it together.
  4. Candle flame shawl - I restarted this a second time because I made a mistake. I learned from the mystery stole 3 and I put the directions in a spreadsheet. It is more organized and will help me keep my place. I just have to recheck the spreadsheet and can pick this up again to work on.
  5. Chevron Scarf using STR yarn - I restarted this scarf since I didn't like how it was turning out. I am now on the right track.
  6. Mystery Stole 3 - I have three clues to finish, but was waiting for the final pictures of the wing to be posted to see how this turns out. I will probably knit the wing.
  7. Beach tote - Front is complete and Back is almost done.
  8. Black fingerless gloves
  9. Ripple Afghan - will start this up again soon.
  10. Snowflake dishcloth
  11. Barbara Walker's Square A Long afghan - I have one square complete, but I'm in no rush to finish this.
  12. Online Sock - just started this
  13. Comfortghan squares for my Dishcloth group - I am determined to complete a dozen before the end of the year.
So, with all of these projects, you would think I would not be thinking of new things to knit. But Kraemer Yarns just developed a new yarn called Sterling that is Superwash merino, silk, nylon and yes Sterling Silver. They currently only have it in White and I had to buy a skein. My first thought was socks, but it is yummy enough for a small scarf. So, once I find a pattern, I will be trying this yarn. They are going to have this in other colors. Black is coming out next.
Kraemers Silk and Silver
I also found out that Kraemers is going to come out with a line of sock yarn. They are going to start with solid colors first. I can't wait to see it! When I went to class this week, I was shocked to see that they had the Dream in Color yarn. I was ecstatic! I was even more surprised to find out that they make the yarn. So many new things and so little time to knit them all!
I am in Sock and Yarn heaven!

No comments: