Sunday, August 26, 2007

The End of Summer?

The last week of August brings back memories. By this time, I was ready to go back to school; however, back in the day when I was in school, we started after Labor Day. Some schools have already started and our school district starts tomorrow. To be that young again to have to worry about school.

I do love the Fall though. I think it's the crisp clean air that comes with it and the leaves turning colors. I love the first snowfall, but just like the heat, I get tired of it and can't wait for Spring. It already feels like fall because it is getting darker earlier. I will be glad for the cooler weather though so I can begin to get things organized around the house. It was certainly and wonderful summer and I so do not miss working.

I am feeling real good about knitting socks. I am taking my time and recording the rows I am knitting to make the second sock easier to knit. I did get past the heel with a little help from my knitting teacher. When I had to pick up stitches on the one side, I kept getting holes. She fixed it for me. So, now I just have to knit the foot and toe and then I can start on the second sock. It is going quickly though and I am having more fun that I had before trying to knit socks.

Online Sock
It's funny though. I am using Plymouth bamboo needles for this sock and I just love the needles. I am finding that the yarn I am using for a project and the needles I use make a big difference on my desire to keep knitting a project.
I was able to purchase two new socks books. One is by Cat Bordhi called New Pathways for Sockknitters. It's a whole new way of knitting socks. What I like about it is that you can practice by knitting baby socks. She also gives you the instructions on knitting with circular needles and double pointed needles. I will definately be trying the patterns in this book.
Cat Bordhi Book
The second book I got is by Ann Budd called Getting Started Knitting Socks. I got this book for the basics and it doesn't disappoint me.
Ann Budd Sock Book
I finished a dishcloth from one of my Yahoo groups called the Lacy Hearts Dishcloth. This was a fun dishcloth to knit and it gave me a reason to use the new Sugar and Cream stripes yarn in Pink. I think it turned out really nice.
Lacy Hearts Dishcloth
Speaking of Yahoo, it really has been giving me trouble lately. The emails from my groups have been bouncing and I have to keep going in to reset myself. Hopefully, it will be fixed soon.

No comments: