Saturday, October 19, 2013

It Finally Feels Like Autumn

Wow! It was 38 degrees out this morning when I woke up.  It’s about time Autumn gets here.  While I’m not looking forward to winter, it’s nice that it is cooler out.

I have been busy.  I finally blocked the High Speed Knitting shawl I was knitting.  I used a size 5 needle with Desert vista Dyeworks gradient yarn in the color witches brew.  I enjoyed knitting this shawl.

High Speed Knitting Blocking

I also completed the Counted Cross Stitch kit I was working on.  It’s called BOO!  I think he’s cute.  Just in time for Halloween.

Boo Sheep - Counted Cross Stitch - complete

Now, I have to start another cross stitch project that I want to get finished before the end of the year.  Actually there are two, but if I get one completed, I will be happy.

I completed one sock using Kirby Wirby yarn in the color Dangitt..where’s my broom.  I just used a basic sock pattern with a size 1 needle.  I love this yarn and the stripes.

Dangitt - Sock 1 - Complete

Then, I started a cookiea sock called Glynis.  I am using Shibui sock with a size 1.5 needle in the color 1675 (orange). This is the first time I am using this yarn and it’s been in my stash for awhile. I am really liking it.  I am just getting into the pattern now and it looks good.

Glynis Sock - Cuff

More yarn came in this week and I believe this is the last of it.  I am going to try not to buy anything for the remainder of the year.  Let’s see how I do.

First up is Madelinetosh dk in the colors Black Current and Plaid Blanket for hats.

Madtosh DK - October 2013

Then, I just had to have Fireweed Dyeworks yarn in the color Russian Fairytale.  I can’t wait to knit this up into a sock.

Alaskan Nancy - Russian FairyTale

Off to knit on my Glynis sock!

No comments: