Saturday, October 12, 2013

Casting On

I have been casting on projects this week.  I started a new sock.  I am using a basic sock pattern with a size 1 needle.  I just had to cast on the Kirbywirby Dangitt where’s my broom……  I love how it is striping.  It’s great for Halloween.

Kirby Wirby - Dangitt sock 1 - heel flap

I also cast on for the Hitchhiker pattern using Miss Babs Yowza in Night Lights.  I love how it’s knitting up.  I am using a size 6 needle.

Hitchhiker - Yowza - Night Lights

Another scarf I am knitting is called the Strandwanderer.  It’s a little tricky with the short rows, but it really is an easy pattern.  I am using Madelinetosh sock in the Firewood color with a size 4 needle.

Strandwanderer - Two repeats

I did finally finish my Socktoberfest sock using Regia Ringel in the clown color with a size 1 needle.  I love how it turned out.

Socktoberfest Sock complete

Socktoberfest Sock - side view

 

I did get some yarn in this week.  First off is String Theory Dyeworks in the Caper sock.  I got the colors Lichen and Pewter.

String Theory Dyeworks - caper sock - October 2013

And as much as I don’t need any striping sock yarn, I couldn’t pass up some Lolllipop yarn in the color We need a little Christmas.

Lollipop Yarns - We need a little Xmas

1 comment:

Deb said...

Your socks are great! So colorful! I can't wait to see the socks in the Christmas colors. Is the yarn called Lollipop yarn?