Saturday, March 23, 2013

So, where is Spring?

We had snow this week, but it melted quickly and now we may have snow on Monday, but it just sounds as if it will be snow showers.  I am certainly sick of the cold and the snow and hope it starts to warm up soon.

I finally finished one sock using Gnomeacres sock yarn in the I Lurve Ewe color with a size 0 needle.  This is the Skype sock pattern. I don’t know why it took me so long to finish just one sock.  I guess I have to blame it on too many projects on the needles.  I cast on 64 stitches for this sock and it fits snuggly and feels so good.  I already cast on for the second sock.

Skype Sock 1 complete

I bought another skein of Lollipop yarn’s striping sock yarn in the Big Kitty color.  I liked the colors and how it striped, so I couldn’t resist it.

Lollipop Yarns - Big Kitty

I cast on right away using a size 1 needle and a basic sock pattern.  One sock finished.  This flew on the needles.  The colors do appear lighter than they really are.

Big Kitty Sock 1

I also purchased 3 skeins of Madelinetosh merino light.  I am using this to knit an advent scarf.  Not that I don’t have something to use in stash, but my LYS got Madelinetosh yarn in and I couldn’t resist this color.  It is called Rainwater.  A pretty blue with grey tones.  I will be casting on the pattern in early April.  Two of my other knitting friends will also be knitting the pattern.  I have been partial to grey lately.

Madelinetosh Merino Light - Rainwater

No comments: