Friday, June 04, 2010

I’m going to be a Great Aunt!

My niece is pregnant with her first child.  We don’t know if she is having a girl or boy yet, but we do know that her due date is November 12th.  I’m so excited for her.  The great thing about this is that I now get to knit baby items.

With that said, I bought Katia Tobago yarn in color 53 to make Cabin Fever’s Button’s Cardigan.  It’s a top down cardigan.  I started this today.  I want to give it to her as soon as she knows the sex of the baby.

Here is the yarn:

Katia - Tobago - color 53

And, here is a picture (shown in another yarn) of how the sweater will look when I am finished.

cabin-fever-buttons-cardigan-knitting-pattern-prod

2 comments:

Alrischa said...

My oldest niece is 10. I can't imagine how wierd it would be! lol. Very cute jacket, though. Is she going to tell everyone the sex of the baby after the 20w checkup? It's fun to know, I must say.

Jill L said...

Love the cardigan! Since my sister had her baby 3 months ago I can't stop knitting or the little guy! Have fun -- at least baby knits a re quick!