Monday, February 15, 2010

Sick is NOT FUN

I have had a bad cold for over a week. I took off a couple of days and went into work last Tuesday. I lasted three hours and had to go home because I had a really bad sore throat and the cold was going into my chest. Thankfully, I was able to get to the doctor to get antibiotics and cough syrup with codiene. Wednesday, we had a bad snow storm, so I was set with medicine. Today was my first day back at work. I still feel a little congested, but I'm 100% better than I was.

It sure helped that I got my December order from Sweet Georgia. I got three skeins of her Tough Love sock yarn in Deep Olive, Ultraviolet, and blackberry.

Sweet Georgia - Tough Love sock



I also had ordered a skein of her Merino Silk Aran in Ginger to make a scarf.

Sweet Georgia - Merino Silk Aran - Ginger



When I went to The Knitter's Edge this week, I bought three more skeins of Madelinetosh Tosh Sock in Moorland, Ginger, and Scarlet. My next pair of socks will be in the Ginger colorway.

Knitter's Edge - Madelinetosh - Toshsock



While at The Knitter's Edge, I was able to take a picture of three pairs of feet with socks knitted up using the croc sock pattern. Two of my other knitter friends and I are trying out different patterned socks together. It took us awhile to get this pattern finished, but it was worth the effort. We each used a different sock yarn. Don't our feet look great? My pair is on the far right.

Croc Socks 2



I hardly did any knitting last week since I was sick. I did sleep a lot. But, I was able to finish the February dishcloth KAL. The pattern is Heart dishcloth by Darilyn Page. I used size 7 needles with Peaches and Creme Premium in deep red.

February 2010 KAL



Off to work on my Mackintosh sock. I am nearing the toe on the second sock. Next I will cast on for another cowl.

3 comments:

Jill L said...

Great yarn -- I just ordered some Sweet Georgia in this limited colorway that now the name escapes me. I had a cold week before last and it was short-lived! Take care and make your self some lemon tea!

Alrischa said...

I'm not a "pink" sort of girl, but I love that blackberry! I could shop in your stash ;) I love so much of what you buy. lol.

freshisle said...

Great croc sock picture!
You have so much snow. Amazing. We have so little.