Saturday, October 25, 2008

Is it a Cold or is it an Allergy

This was a rough week. It started on Monday, when I began to feel lousy. I had a slight sore throat and then I had to keep blowing my nose. Thank goodness it started in the middle of the afternoon. By the time I got home, I was down for the count and didn't resurface until Thursday. I did nothing but sleep and blow my nose. I was so glad when it stopped. I feel better but still am not sure if it is an allergy or a cold. I'm leaning towards a cold.

Thursday, I started knitting like crazy and I was sure ready for it since I have so many projects in the works.

I finished up socks using Creatively Dyed yarn in Watermelon Juice. I love this yarn. It is so soft and amazingly warm on the feet. I used size 2 double pointed needles with this basic sock pattern. I'm glad that I have more in my stash. It does have 10% cashmere in the mix and maybe that is having an effect on why I love the socks.

Creatively Dyed Socks - Watermelon Juice

I started on the Vesper Sock yarn Trick or Treat socks last week. I got the yarn from Knitterly Things. I love how this yarn stripes. I really need to hurry up and finish them for Halloween. This is the second pair of socks that I am knitting on two circular needles (size 1-1/2) with a basic sock pattern and I am really starting to get the hang of it and enjoy the two needles.

Vesper Sock - Trick or Treat

I finished up the October Mid Month Dishcloth KAL. The pattern is called Autumn's Country Quilt by Sue Schaefer of Harvest Moon Designs. I used size 6 needles with Peaches and Creme cotton yarn in Yellow. I enjoyed this pattern.

October Mid Month KAL

It's so hard to believe that it is the end of October already and Christmas is around the corner. That also means tax season is near and I will be back to work again. Yikes, I got to get knitting!



2 comments:

Alrischa said...

I love those bright socks... I actually squinted when I scrolled down to them! lol.

I'm using two circulars for the first time to do a sleeve at the moment, and I'm finding it better than dpn's. Is making two socks just like making one, except you just do half a round of each each time? I'll hsve to try it...

Wendy said...

No, I didn't know that 32 is the new 22. But that does help to put things into a better perspective. I need to put myself out there again.

Love those socks!!!