Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Spring Forward - Fall Back

Spring Forward is complete! I guess it should be since Spring has been gone for quite awhile. I loved knitting these socks. It was a really easy pattern to follow. I also liked the Jknits yarn in the Boston colorway. I used a size 1 needle. I guess someone needs to come up with a pattern called Fall Back.

Spring Forward - Completed
I am slowly working on River Rapid Socks using two circular needles. It's not that I'm not liking the pattern or the needles, it's just that I wanted to finish off the Spring Forward socks. I have another sock on the needles and want to finish up a couple of other things too as well as start other projects. Maggie was sick the last couple of days, so that also slowed me down. She is getting better. She has pills from the vet but I have to feed her hamburger and rice. So I keep frying up hamburger and cooking rice. Thank goodness I am now able to mix in her regular dog food. Soon she should be just eating that and I can take a break from being the Hamburger and Rice Queen.
I saw a really cool pair of socks knitted in a watermelon colorway that I'm dying to buy. I just have to be patient until the yarn is available. I'm not telling where to find it yet because I want to make sure that I get to buy the yarn first. Am I bad?
I have also been reading. I have read the following books:
Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovitch
The Beach House by Jane Green
What Happened by Scott McClelland
S is for Silence by Sue Grafton
The Summerhouse by Jude Deveraux (this was really good)
Something Borrowed and Something Blue by Emily Giffin (I enjoyed both of these books)
Marriage of Inconvenice and Stand in Wife by Debbie Macomber
Dyer Consequences by Maggie Sefton
That's 44 books read to date and 21 more to my goal by the end of the year. I am currently reading Why Women Should Rule the World by Dee Dee Myers. This is a really good read and I believe that every woman should read this. It's startling to see how much women are treated differently than men in the workplace.
Why Women Should Rule the World

No comments: