Friday, November 16, 2007

Knitting Like Crazy

I finished my Wollmeise socks using the Suzanne colorway and size 2 needles. I am really pleased how these turned out. I will definately be getting more of this yarn.



Wollmeise - Suzanne completed


I went to my knitting class at Kraemer Yarns today and started on my Yarn Pirate socks in the Spooky colorway. I didn't like how the yarn was pooling, so I ripped back to the ribbing and started using size 1 needles. This seems to be making a difference. I will knit more rows and if it looks okay, I will rip back to the beginning and recast on using the size 1's. This is the first time this has happened to me and I don't like it. Why does yarn pool and what can you do to overcome it?


On the more positive side, I got my order from the Loopy Ewe. I got Collinette Jitterbug in Gauguin. Since there seems to be some controvery about the yardage for this yarn, I purchased a half skein just in case. I'll see how this knits up before buying more. I think I will cast on for this sock after finishing the Trekking sock. I also got Claudia Handpaints in Chocolate Cherry. I love her colorways.


Loopy Ewe - Claudia and Jitterbug


I couldn't resist getting a Woolpets kit to try. Hopefully, I will be posting a picture of my completed sheep soon.


Here is a picture of Maggie May after having her hair cut. She is growing up fast and I think she feels that this is now her home and she is the Queen of it. Sometimes I believe that she thinks she is human.


Maggie May 2 - October 07


I think I'll keep her. ;-)



No comments: