Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Snow and Rubber Ducks

Well, the day started out nice and then the snow started to fall. It was a little tricky driving home, but I made it without any trouble. The snow started to turn to freezing rain. I'm glad to be home, but I hate this icky weather. We didn't get much snow, but I will be glad tomorrow when it gets above freezing and melts what stuck to the ground.

Knitting is going slowly, but I knitting. I'm enjoying working on my Vintage Scarf for the Child Advocacy Center. I need to start on another dishcloth for my dishcloth group KAL. Maybe I will cast on tonight since the KAL started on Monday. I am a little behind.

I have been reading. Not as much I would like, but these are the books I have read so far for 2009:

Snowfall at Willow Lake by Susan Wiggs
An American Wife by Curtis Sittenfield - I enjoyed this book and read it on the Kindle
Here's the Story by Maureen McCormick - this was a surprise. I really liked this book. Maybe cause I liked the Brady bunch.
Love Rosie by Cecelia Ahern - I have to get more of her books, this one was great.
Remember Me by Sophie Kinsella - I couldn't put this one down.
The Beach Street Knitting Society and Yarn Club by Gil McNeil
This book was a preview copy and it was slow reading at the beginning. I believe it was because the author was British and I had to get use to the language. I am glad I stuck with it because it was a good story. It's about a woman whose husband tells her he wants a divorce and drives away to get into a car accident and dies. She takes her 2 sons and moves from London to a small seaside hometown, where she takes over her Grandmother's knitting shop. The author is writing a sequel to the story and I am looking forward to reading it.
I have been pretty good with holding back on any yarn purchases. I almost was tempted to join the Socks that Rock sock club after seeing the first package that went out, but I resisted temptation and figured that I could always buy it after they put it for sale on their website. Maybe by then I will have knitting through some of my stash.
I did get the next shipment of the Unique Sheep Rubber Ducky Club. The yarn is Pima Petite in the Berry Truffle colorway with soap to match and a cute rubber duck stitch marker.
Unique Sheep - Pima Petite
I love Rubber Ducks! They make me think of warmer weather.

No comments: