Thursday, May 15, 2008

Reading is so relaxing

I have been catching up on reading, which is a good thing since I have a goal to reach by the end of the year and it helps that it is so relaxing. You can disappear into the story and forget everything else. Sometimes, all I want to do is read and not do anything else.

I read the following books:

K is for Killer - Sue Grafton
L is for Lawless - Sue Grafton
Fourth of July - James Patterson
Fifth Horseman - James Patterson
Sixth Target - James Patterson
Seventh Heaven - James Patterson
Nells Cowboy - Debbie Macomber
Lone Star Baby - Debbie Macomber
The Cowboys Lady - Debbie Macomber
The Sheriff Takes a Wife - Debbie Macomber
Things I Learned from Knitting - Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
The Shopaholic and the Sister - Sophie Kinsella
I enjoyed all of these books and do recommend them.
Of course, I've also been on a yarn buying binge.
I got Fortissima Socka - Mexiko Color from Kraemers. One of my knitting friends was knitting a sock with this yarn and I really like how it turned out.
Fortissima Sock - mexiko
I couldn't pass up Dream in Color Smooshy yarn in Punky Fushia.
Dream in Color - Smooshy - Punky Fuschia
I love this Lornas Laces Shepherd sock in Grumperia colorway that I got from Birds-N-Yarn.
Lornas Laces Shep Sock - Grumperina
I got my first shipment from the Plucky Knitter sock club. It's the Classic sock in Captain Wentworth colorway.
Plucky Knitter Sock Club - May
And finally, I have been drooling over Sweet Georgia yarn. I discovered her right around the time she decided to take a break from dyeing yarn. I waited over a whole year and she finally came back, but I could only get laceweight yarn in the Logwood colorway. It was worth it, but I still want to get at least one skein of her sock yarn.
Sweet Georgia
Haven't done much knitting this week. I have been catching up on housework and reading Barbara Walters book: Audition. It's page turner.

No comments: