Monday, March 17, 2008

Spring is Around the Corner - I Hope

I started my monkey sock and I am really liking the pattern and I love the Dream in Color Smooshy yarn. I am using the Happy Forest color and size 2 needles. Since this is the first sock I am knitting where there is a pattern in the design, I wanted to try a solid color and Smooshy filled the bill. It is sooo soft. The color is such a Spring color and has me dreaming of warmer weather.


Monkey Sock
I am still working on my Sheepaints sock, but other things have been getting in the way.
Sheepaints Sock 1
I fell in love with a scarf that one of my knitter friends was making in our knitting class. She was using two types of Haibu yarn. One was cork cotton and the other was tobe moire. After searching the internet, I landed out ordering it direct from Haibu in NYC. The cool thing is that instead of receiving balls of yarn, they sent cones. Also, since the one yarn had more yardage on it, I would have been left with extra yarn. Since they put it on a cone, they only sold me what I needed. Can't wait to start this. You knit both yarns together on size 10 needles until the yarn runs out. I am planning to cast on this week.
Habu Textiles Yarn
I did finish up a third and final Awareness Ribbon dishcloth this week.
Awareness Ribbon 3
And, I finished up the Reverse Ballband dishcloth. The original ballband pattern is revised by Elizabeth Warner to make it reversable and to make the edging neater looking. This was my first ball band dishcloth and I didn't have any trouble knitting it up. In fact, I really enjoyed it and plan to make more of these.
Right side:
Ball Band - Right Side
Wrong side:
Ball Band - Wrong Side
I have been reading too. Remember, I have a goal to reach by the end of the year. So far this year I have read the following books:
Plum Lucky by Janet Evanovitch
G is for Gumshoe by Sue Grafton
H is for Homicide by Sue Grafton
I is for Innocent by Sue Grafton
J is for Judgement by Sue Grafton
I have enjoyed all of these books, but I need to get a move on and read more. Oh, for warmer weather and not working. I dream of sunny days and relaxing days spent on my back porch reading and knitting. Only 29 days left until tax season is over and Thursday is the first day of Spring. It's getting hard to control my excitement!

No comments: