Friday, December 30, 2011

Finishing and Casting On

2011 is almost over and I am finishing up some projects and I started two new projects.  I also keep adding projects to my to do list.  That is bad.

I finished the December Mid Month KAL from my Dishcloth group.  The pattern is Shades of Christmas by Janet Nogle.  I used a size 7 needle with Peaches in Crème in Mistletoe and Red.  I believe we did this pattern earlier in the year under another name.  I liked it before, but really wasn’t too happy with the colors this time.  It’s too red.  But, it isn’t too bad.

December 2011 Mid Month KAL

I also finished the North Wind Hat  I used a size 8 needle with Madelinetosh Vintage in tart.  This pattern was really easy and I loved the yarn.  I am just a Madelinetosh fan.  I like this kind of hat because I can put all my hair into the hat and the band covers my ears.  It feels as if it will be really warm.  The only problem I had was that I ran out of yarn when I had 6 rows to go.  Lucky for me, my LYS had one skein left and it matched.  Since, I have most of the skein left, I plan on using the rest to kit up a pair of mittens.  I will probably casting on for the mittens shortly (Another project on the needles – just what I need).

North Wind Hat

I had planned to make some Christmas socks, but because of the Christmas knitting I had to finish, I didn’t cast on these sock until a few days before Christmas.  So, I won’t have them for this Christmas, but will have them for next Christmas. I am using String Theory Colorworks in Kinetic energy with a size one needle.  I love this yarn because of the striping.  I plan on doing an afterthought heel for these socks.

Christmas Sock

Lastly, I cast on for the Shaelyn shawl.  The Knitting Pipeline group had this pattern as a KAL.  It’s an easy pattern and I have been wanting to cast this on.  I am using a size 8 needle with Madelinetosh Pashmina in the color grasshopper.

Shaelyn

I had a really nice week this week.  Getting ready for Christmas was so hectic and this week I really took the time to just relax and do what I wanted to do.  I really needed it too.  Next week, I start working.  It will only be until mid February and it will only be two days a week.  That isn’t too bad.  So, I am going to enjoy the rest of my time off to knit and read.

No comments: