Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Final Day of 2008

Today I'm sad. It's the end of 2008 and tomorrow starts 2009. I start back at work on Friday. My knitting and reading will be curtailed until April 16th. At least I can look forward to spring!

I have been knitting more now that Christmas is over. I am working on my prayer shawl. I think I may knit more of these in 2009 and donate them to a prayer shawl group that one of my knitter friends belongs to.

I have been lax in knitting socks this past month, so I picked up two socks I started in November and December. One pair is the Yarn Chef socks in Moldy Jack O Lanterns. I am currently working on the heel. For this pair, I am using double pointed needles. I really like how this is striping.

Yarn Chef - Bouillabaisse - Moldy Jack O Lanterns

I am also working on the Malabrigo socks in Tiziano Red. This yarn is so soft. I am using two circular needles (size 1-1/2). I got past the ribbing. I really hate ribbing.
Malabrigo Sock - Tiziano Red
I also knit a washcloth using Unique Sheep's Pima Petite in Brillant Blue. It's a really neat cotton yarn. I used the Sheepy Washcloth pattern (designed by Sarah Wilson) that I bought from their website. I need to knit a soap sack that was included in the pattern with the balance of the yarn.
Sheepy Washcloth
I will end the year with a few more yarn purchases. I got more Jojoland Melody Superwash from the Loopy Ewe. This is color 29. I am not sure if I want to knit socks with this or knit a scarf.
Jo Jo Land - Melody Superwash - 29
I bought a santa hat kit from Morehouse farm. This just looks too cute. Guess it will have to be for next year. They also sent me a free pattern and yarn for a mini cardi.
Morehouse Farms - Santa Hat and Tiny Cardi
I love the Yarn Chef sock yarn so much, I bought two more skeins. This is her Minestrone Yarn. On top is Plum Tart and on bottom is Tussie Mussie. They are 75% superwash merino and 25% nylon.
Yarn Chef - minestrone
Have a safe New Years Eve. We are going out to dinner and then coming home to spend a quiet night knitting and reading.

No comments: