Monday, July 16, 2007

I Am Addicted

I am hooked on the Mystery Stole 3 KAL. I started last Monday and had a bad start. I must have frogged 6 times or more. It just wasn't flowing right. So, I tried again last Tuesday and I had success.....until I ran into problems later on. After so much frogging, I began to put in lifelines every 10 rows. That did help, but I still had problems. I had hoped to finish Clue 1 before the end of the week, but that was not going to happen. Finally this Sunday, I completed Clue 1 and was at the point where the stitches were not increasing anymore. I then added stitch markers after every 11 stitches and that made a big difference. I became brave enough to wait until I had 12 rows before adding a lifeline. I have been doing well, but if I made a mistake, I caught it before finishing out a row. I have 20 more rows on Clue 2 and will probably start Clue 3 on Wednesday (knock on wood). I would really like to be caught up by the end of the week so I have a lot of time to work on Clue 4. I am really happy with how it's turning out and I love, love, love the Zephyr yarn and the Knitpicks needles. Here is a picture showing the stitch markers and the lifelines (note: I am not removing any lifelines yet....just in case).


Mystery Stole 3 - past clue 1
This has become so addicting though. I stop and take a break and I swear that the stole is calling me to keep working on it.
I am still working on my beach tote. I have been knitting on that when I am at knitting class. When I went to class on Friday, we were remarking on the softness of a sock that was in the classroom. It was an anklet sock. Well, the yarn was Cascade Fixation, which was on sale at Kraemers (of course I had to buy some). So, when I go to class this Friday, we are going to work on the sock as a group project, where all of us will knit a pair of socks (anklets). So, I am really looking forward to starting this project. That is another reason why I want to catch up on the Mystery Stole 3 pattern.
I did finish a dishcloth from my Monthly Dishcloth Group. It was a real quick project and I love the pattern.
July KAL
Tomorrow, I go to the Eye Doctor to pick up my new glasses. I had this brainstorm to see if I could get magnifying lenses to use when I work on any fine knitting projects like the Mystery Stole 3 KAL. Let's see what they say and how much it will cost me.
Maggie May is doing well after her operation. The stitches are out and she healed really well. Tomorrow, she goes to get groomed. I will take a picture of her to post later.

No comments: